Concrete is a man-made material, essentially mixed at site. The properties of concrete depend on the properties of its ingredients and their proportion and it is likely to vary from mix to mix. Tests must be conducted, therefore, to ensure that the concrete used is in accordance with design specifications. A frequent test, is the test of compressive strength, in which concrete samples are tested to failure.
Compression Testing Machines Classification :
• Analogue models.
• Digital models with pace rate indicators.
• Micro Controller based models with automatic pace rate controllers.
• Servo Controlled models
• Fully Automatic models.
Salient Features of Compression Testing Machines are :
• High stability.
• Self-aligning platen assembly.
• Load Gauges are calibrated in kN against certified Proving Rings, traceable to NPL / NCCBM.
• Suitable for testing cubes and cylinders of various sizes.
• Using special platens, bricks can also be tested.
• Logged data printing facility through a parallel port interface available in digital and micro controller ased versions.
• Calibration process accreditated by NABL (National Accreditation Board for Laboratories).
• Machines with CE mark also available, on special request.
• Operator’s safety features like metal door with a perspex window and overload tripping device are provided in all models.