Send Requirement :
Finding it difficult getting suppliers? I am Seema, Executive, Assisted Purchases. I can personally find suppliers for your product requirements.
Only B2B/Bulk buyers welcome!
I had the pleasure of associating with CormSqaure. The team is proactive and erudite and the information they delivered enabled me to make wise decisions.
CormSquare is user friendly and saves my time a lot. Now, I can easily associate with hundreds of suppliers, get competitive quotes and run business very smoothly.
Assisted purchase executive is at your service. Let our representatives help you find suppliers.
· CPVC pipes are suitable for hot water up to 82°C.
· These pipes are manufactured using lead free and environment friendly CPVC compound.
· UV resistance of pipes ensures that pressure and temperature bearing capacity is maintained throughout the life of the pipe.
· Insulating properties result in high energy efficiency.
· Safe for potable water and human health.
· Does not support fire.
· Low thermal expansion and low thermal conductivity ensures safety for hot water condition in the pipe.
· High impact resistance.
· Ease of handling, fast and easy installation.
· Leak proof due to perfect solvent cemented / cold welded joints.
· No scaling, no pitting, corrosion and chemical resistant even against acids and alkalis.
· Bacteria build up with CPVC is lower than copper, steel and other thermoplastic pipes.
· Finolex CPVC pipes are unaffected by Chlorine in the water supply.
· Low frictional loss.
· Energy saving.
· Silent during operation.
· Low material and installation cost.
· Based on the height of the building, it is necessary to provide expansion and contraction loops in case of exposed piping used in solar water heater installations.
· It is strongly recommended that, solar water heaters be installed with Thermo regulating valves. However if no thermo-regulating valves are provided, then air-venting on the hot water outlet side is a must.
· Only brass transition fittings must be used for all connections with solar water heaters
· Ensure that proper support spacing i.e. pipe clamp supporting, is maintained. At the roof level, in case at any point proper support is not available against the wall or the floor, bricks should be used to provide permanent support to the piping.
Areas of Application:
· These pipes are suitable for hot and cold water distribution systems for indoor and outdoor applications up to 82°C in individual homes, residential apartments, hotels, resorts, hospitals, high and low rise buildings, corporate and commercial houses, swimming pools, academic institutes etc. These pipes ensure pure and hygienic water supply.
· Use pipes and fittings from the same manufacturer
· Install according to installation instructions and follow recommended safe practices
· Remove dirt from pipe and fittings. Clean pipe and fittings with clean cloth.
· Cut off min. 25mm beyond the edge of the crack in case of any crack is discovered on the pipes
· Cut the pipe as square i.e. perpendicular as possible before making a joint
· Ensure no sharp edges are in contact with the fittings’ surface while inserting the pipe
· Take correct precautions while installing with solar water heaters and boilers in compliance with recommendations
· Ensure proper alignment of pipe and fittings to avoid added stress on the joints
· Ensure installation is done in such a way that there are no chances of air entrapment
· Provide vertical and horizontal supports as recommended
· Use good quality Teflon tapes as the only thread sealant
· Always conduct hydraulic pressure tests after installation to detect any leaks and faults
· Wait for appropriate cure time before pressure testing. Fill lines slowly and bleed air from the system prior to pressure testing
· Provide expansion loops on hot water lines
· Paint the pipes (use water based paint) exposed to sunlight
· Provide additional support to the brass side of CPVC / Brass transition or other metallic components to support the weight of the metal system
· Do not use metal hooks or nails to support or put pressure on the pipes. Do not use strap & hangers with rough and sharp edges. Do not tighten the straps over the pipes
· Never expose the pipe to open flame while trying to bend it
· Do not drop pipes on edges from heights. Do not drop heavy objects on pipes or walk on pipes.
· Do not use air or gases for pressure testing.
· Do not use any other petroleum or solvent -based sealant, adhesive, lubricant or fire stop material on CPVC pipes and fittings
· Do not use CPVC pipes and fittings for pneumatic applications.
· Do not use plastic threaded fittings for hot water above 600
· Do not use the CPVC piping system to support any metallic components.
· Do not use CPVC solvent cement that exceeds its shelf life, has become discoloured or has gelled.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I use the CPVC?
Copper tube size (CTS) CPVC is designed for use in hot-and-cold-water distribution systems. CPVC systems are ideal for all potable water piping requirements in residential (single and multi-family), motel/hotel, mobile home, manufactured housing, light commercial, and institutional structures.
What about CPVC’s cost compared to other materials?
CPVC is a very cost-effective system. The basic molecular building blocks of the CPVC are chlorine, derived from salt, and ethylene, which comes from oil or natural gas. Because 2/3 of the CPVC molecule is derived from common salt, less energy content goes into making one foot of CPVC pipe than any alternative material. The price of CPVC should remain more stable than other materials in the future.
Will CPVC save me money?
Yes. CPVC can be installed at least 25% more quickly than copper or iron systems. Financial savings are also realised with regard to lower tool costs. Considering the frequent rise and fall of the copper price structure, CPVC offers a continuing material cost advantage, often as much as a full 30% savings.
What is the thermal expansion rate for CPVC, and how can I best allow for expansion and contraction when installing?
The fact that CPVC has higher thermal expansion than metals has led to some concern. However, laboratory testing and installation experience have demonstrated that the problems are much smaller than the coefficient of thermal expansion would suggest. The stresses developed in a CPVC pipe are generally much smaller than those developed in a metal pipe for equal temperature changes because of the difference in elastic modulus.
Should special considerations be taken to connect CPVC to a hot water heater?
In some instances, yes. However, these considerations are based on concerns regarding external sources of heat. The hot water from the heater will not affect the CPVC. When connecting to a gas water heater, CPVC should not be located within 6″ of the heater’s flue, if the flue has no insulation. A metal nipple or flexible appliance connector should be used. This measure eliminates the potential for damage to plastic piping that might result from excessive radiant heat from the flue. If the flue is insulated, the instructions of the flue manufacturer should be followed.
Should I use pipe dope, Teflon tape, or Teflon paste with CPVC threaded adapters?
Teflon tape is always safe, effective and recommended with CPVC pipe and fittings. If you wish to use a paste or pipe dope, always check with the manufacturer for a recommendation because some pastes or dopes contain solvents that may be incompatible with CPVC.
How long can CPVC systems be exposed to sunlight?
CPVC can easily withstand the ultraviolet exposure commonly experienced during the construction phase of a project, provided on-site inventories are turned regularly as would be anticipated. If CPVC is used in above-ground, outdoor applications, protection from ultraviolet attacks can be achieved by shielding or by painting the system with an exterior-grade latex paint.
Is CPVC a factor in reducing noise associated with the movement of water?
Yes, CPVC is extremely quiet due to the polymeric structure of the product. CPVC systems are virtually silent. Also, noise associated with water hammer is eliminated.
What about health, safety, and fire toxicity issues?
Metal piping interests have initiated many attacks on plastic systems, under the guise of health and safety issues. Tests performed at respected universities and independent laboratories confirm that CPVC is superior to copper or lead solder systems in terms of effects on quality of water and is “no more toxic than wood” in a fire.
What is the expected life of CPVC pipe and fittings?
CPVC piping systems have been installed and operated successfully since over 40 years, and the initial installations are still performing faultlessly. CPVC piping will not fail prematurely due to corrosion, electrolysis, or scale build-up in areas where water, soil, and/or atmospheric conditions are aggressive. This system has a shelf life of 50years.